Preparation for Spray Tanning
• Exfoliating with AmberSun Sea Coral Salt Scrub is recommended the day before receiving a sunless tan. Removing loose, dead, dry skin cells – which prevent even application of color and flake off quickly – will improve and extend color results. Use of salt scrub the day before also allows the natural oils to completely absorb into and hydrate the skin.
Day of Application
• Skin should be clean and dry. Bathing with Amber Sun Body Scrub or any of the Amber Sun Shower Gels will leave skin clean and pH balanced. Do not use bar soap – soap residue can interfere with tanning results.
• Do not apply deodorant, lotions or perfumes to the skin prior to spray tanning. We recommend shaving the day before application and to remove all make-up before the application process begins.
• Remove jewelry before being sprayed.
• Select an old, preferably dark bathing suit to wear while being sprayed. Also, remember to bring old dark colored, loose fitting clothing to wear home.
• For first time or regular customers, apply AmberSun pH Balancing Spray with Fruit Prime Extract over entire body to lower skin’s pH level. A balanced pH level along with skin prepped with a layer of Fruit Prime Extract results in a rich, natural brown color – reduced chance of any “orange” color.
• Apply ProBlend Barrier Cream to areas that tend to attract too much color during the spray-tan process such as cuticles, knees, elbows, palms, and soles of feet. Apply thin coat to tattoos to reduce spray’s effect and keep colors vibrant. Gently wipe off spray color from tattoos after application.
Maintenance of Spray Tan Color
We recommend after five weeks of spray tanning to let skin rest for 10 days. This allows you to completely loose your tan and eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear. These areas are caused by daily contact with clothing and other surfaces which cause additional exfoliation in these areas.
Healthy, moist skin will retain the results of your tanning session longer. Norvell’s sunless products are developed to create a color
that will please a majority of customers most of the time. The sunless spray process is not a flawless one and results will vary by individual.
To get the best results we suggest you use the following:
• Daily use of ProLong Tan Extending Lotion.
A daily moisturizer with natural bronzers to keep color vibrant and even.
• Amber Sun Shower Gel or Norvell Body Washes effectively clean without stripping skin of necessary natural oils and help to keep color longer.